2009年12月13日星期日

Beckham Keen to Extend His Reign in Spain

David Beckham buy Sumo Wrestling Suits has said he will sit down before Christmas with Real Madrid and agree a new contract that should take him almost to the end of his career. The former Manchester United player's current deal expires in 2007 but he has welcomed Real's early offer of talks.

"The club have said they want to talk to me about signing a new deal and I am very happy to do that," Beckham told a press conference in Madrid yesterday. "It is important for me to have four or five more years in football. My life here is perfect and I'm happy at Real Madrid so, of course, I want to stay as long as I can.

"We have spoken about a meeting in the next couple of months," he added, "but we'll just have to wait because we've got so many matches and I need to concentrate on the football for now."

Beckham has not had an easy ride since moving from Manchester United in 2003. Real coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo is the fourth to hold the position in just over two years since Beckham joined the club and they have failed to win a major trophy in that period.

The midfielder has been forced to endure a series of revelations surrounding his private life since arriving in the Spanish capital and admits constant media intrusion has at times been frustrating. Such revelations evidently unsettled him in the run-up to Euro 2004 and again last spring.

But his form has picked up following a poor spell midway through last season and he appears to be rediscovering the verve that marked his first months in Madrid. He even believes his grasp of the Spanish language is also showing signs of improvement and is helping him to feel more at home.

"The cfor sale Christmas Decorations football side of things is much better now and I'm pleased with how it's going," he said "I am always going to have problems with the paparazzi. I have had two men outside my house for the last two years, which is frightening at times, but that is my life unfortunately."

The return to action of England defender Jonathan Woodgate after a 17- month absence with injury has been another boost for Beckham even though Woodgate had a debut he will be keen to forget, scoring an own goal and being sent off in the match against Athletic Bilbao last week.

没有评论:

发表评论